Personal Fitness Trainer Singapore |
Shape Up / Fitness / Strength & Conditioning |
House-call, out-call service; Onsite at your preferred location and schedule in Singapore, and Online coaching.
“Wholesome value-packed science-based PT”
Better strength, stamina, endurance, power, speed, agility, mobility – naturally.
Contact Coach Glen to get started now.
Improve fitness / Shape up (Build muscle, lose fat):
With many years of experience working with individuals with such goals, Glen’s PT will get you covered – Complete holistic approach base on science, to ensure good foundation, followed by; branching out to specifics – This means you’ll be giving your mind and body what they need to become fitter naturally and improving your well-being, along with what you specifically want for your fitness related goal (eg; losing fat/building muscle). Everything finely tailored to best suit your needs. This ultimately gives you the most effective, fastest and safest results, and will be something that will be practical and sustainable.
Strength & Conditioning:
Glen specializes in strength & conditioning. Strength & conditioning can benefit athletes and non-athletes/laypeople alike. This specifically means; Improving strength, endurance, power, speed, agility, etc – for better performance. It can be for personal reasons, to improve function of certain areas, to improve your sports/athletic performance, to improve lifting strength, to improve specific endurance, to improve bodyweight strength, etc. Jump higher? Get more pull ups or push ups? Increase your deadlift, get better run timing, or maybe you want to get that one arm pull up? You are covered. These are just some of the many examples. Glen zeros in on the root of the problems and work his way up to get you to achieve your goals the best way possible.
You choose your preferred place and schedule:
Anytime from morning to night, any day regardless of weekend or public holiday. Any place – Your house, condo, neighborhood parks, public sports complex, fitness corners, gyms, etc.
Things to know about Personal Fitness Training from Coach Glen / Training by Glen
- Science based: You will be coached based on science to the best of up to date knowledge. Not from pseudoscience, not from ineffective, unsustainable and unscientific fads.
- High level of professional experience: Highly trained expert, with many years professional training and work experience. In-depth coaching of physical/mental/nutritional training. Coaching are all encompassing, which covers everything you need to reach your fitness goals and learn what you need for your goals, as Coach Glen, have extensive knowledge in nutrition, training psychology, etc.
- Comprehensive learning value: You get to learn a lot during the training sessions, so that eventually you become self sufficient in your training.
- Train at virtually any corner of Singapore with wide range of date/time availabilities: As long as the place is practically accessible, you pick whatever place you please (note; dependent on fitness goals). It can be at a top of a public roof garden, public fitness corner, gym, house, condo, and yes even the unconventional places such as at the side of an empty road, inside a factory, in an office, in the forest, etc – if you’re open to any creative ideas on places to train at! Wide range of date and time availability slots to pick from ranging from morning to afternoon to night, weekdays, weekends, and all public holidays. Don’t get stuck with a coach who is only limited to mondays to saturdays and weekday evenings or mornings, and limited locations, etc.
- Versatile type training: Glen’s training for you is meant to teach/guide you on how you can adapt to your environments and situations to train and work towards your goals using whatever you’ve got. So you don’t have to worry and trouble yourself with getting to certain places or getting certain equipment, as there’s virtually always free alternative solutions to those problems. This way, working towards your goals and keeping them will be most practical and sustainable for you in the long run.
- Natural fitness: Glen trains people to shape up their physique aesthetically, improve fitness, and athletic/functional performance – but the bottomline is that no matter what the fitness goals are, Glen always advocate the importance of natural fitness, and natural fitness forms the foundation of your training to certain extents (regardless of your goals). This way you can avoid injuries and progressive dysfunction from imbalances, etc, and progress healthily and effectively towards whatever fitness goals you have.
- Strong background in powerlifting, calisthenics, athletic lifting, and natural movements: Methodologies in powerlifting, calisthenics, athletic lifting and natural movements (methode naturelle a.k.a movnat) – Glen was already very proficient in these methodologies long before they became more well known locally (mostly) and globally.
- Affordable and cost effective rates: Our rates are very cost effective. Why and how? For positive social reasons – we want personal training/coaching to be more accessible to the good people who really needs PT without getting limited by their budgets. Glen’s PT usually depends on being adaptable to training with whatever you’ve got whenever possible – hence costs are cut which helps lower rates possible. For every purchase, you pay exact amount and no change is given – this also helps keep our costs low. And lastly, we say no to overpricing.
Glen’s profile (Click to view)
Who are suitable and best suited for Glen's PT: Anyone young or old, no matter what your gender/sex, culture and walk of life, etc, but you must be willing to open yourself to follow the guidance, teachings and training requirements provided by Glen. This is so that PT will work properly and effectively for you as you properly follow the coaching/teachings given from the coach's expertise and professional knowledge. Coach Glen is a highly trained/educated/experienced professional and expert in the fields of fitness, nutrition and strength & conditioning - so you're in good hands to learn, train and progress! No selling out ever, and Glen don't sugar coat things when it comes to training and diet. Because training is meant to be proper and effective.. even if that means (and it usually is) that Glen do not profit as much from doing so, as some trainees may not be agreeable or comfortable to accept certain truths about training and diet. But Glen do this because this is what produces the best results and progress for the trainee! Glen is this passionate about providing no-nonsense training! Yes (unfortunately) at times, Glen goes to the extent to reject a paying client without hesitation if that means Glen is asked/told to train them in a way that are practically ineffective, unsound and unscientific for them. It's really for the trainees own good! But also do know that Glen will/is always be overjoyed to take in anyone who are willing to be open, listen and follow his training properly, so that they can properly reach their goals! Tell Glen your goals, be willing to be open to receive his expertise and professional guidance, and you can expect the best from him, and taking Glen's coaching could be the one of the best decisions you've ever make in your life.
Friendly, professional, reliable and systematic service.
Complete comprehensive training / diet guidance / education that are tailored for you. Complimentary self workout and diet plans. Complimentary 24/7 support provided for your training and diet questions. Personal training at your preferred location and schedule, by a qualified, knowledgeable and experienced professional trainer, who have positive majority track records and has helped several achieve their fitness goals.
Training people since 2010 - From all over the globe, all walks of lives, gender, etc.. Has helped with clients with goals such as: >Training around injuries such as joint strains, sprains, etc. >Training with hypothyroidism, high blood pressure, and other similar conditions, etc, and more. >Strength and conditioning for sports and athletic performance. >Working out and dieting for common fat loss, building muscle, overall general fitness, and shaping up >Basic, intermediate and advance strength training.
Rates: Single/ad-hoc/first-time session for 1 person - $60 / 2 person - $90 Single "regular" session (must be scheduled and used within 7 days from another similar session) - $50 for 1 person / 2 person - $80. 4 sessions package for 1 person - $200 4 sessions package for 2 person - $320 8 sessions package for 1 person - $390 8 sessions package for 2 person - $550
What to expect from Coach Glen’s PT:
1] Friendly and sincere chat at the beginning – done over phone-call, texting, or online live video meeting. This short chat is just to explain to you how Glen’s coaching can help and expectations of the PT. There will be no hard-selling and no pressure, so don’t worry. Glen’s free-of-charge general advice at the beginning will help you get a clearer picture of what you actually need in order to reach your fitness goals most effectively. This can be anywhere from putting you on a cost effective package, that helps you get on the most effective track, or – who knows? – maybe what you need doesn’t even require you to pay at all.. So just speak with Coach Glen with a peace of mind, and don’t worry about getting a hard-selling salesman trying to sell you the most expensive services, but instead, a Coach who truly cares. Please do be open to consider the professional advices given, as there may be times that individuals may not like what they hear on training/diet advice, thinking that it will not work for them. Coach Glen’s coaching are evidence and science based. Certain advices that you think may not work, are not (uncommonly) the types of advices that you should be following in order for things to work! Quote from Albert Einstein; “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome” – Most who failed to reach their fitness goals because they tried their same methods over and over again and failing, have decided to go for professional coaching services, hence doing something different, and have finally achieved their desired results!
2] Once the general idea of what to do for your training/diet to reach your fitness goals most effectively, have been laid out for you – You can decide what you’d like to do – if you’re interested to take up PT with Glen, Glen will lay out some options for sessions/packages for you to best suit you – You can choose between something very short term, long term, or one-off. Once you’ve decided, at this stage, both you (the Trainee) and Coach Glen, should have all expectations aligned and ready to start. If there’s a mismatch, unfortunately, PT will not be able to proceed as this will cause a lot of problems down the road – In that case, do not worry, we can still refer you to other options that suit you better.
3] On starting the training – short term (4 sessions only) or long term contract (8 sessions only), is signed beforehand (if taking any package). Or you can take one-off single sessions. Payment is always paid upfront. Once signed/paid for service, training starts accordingly. Commit to the training!
X] Case examples (These are just a few examples out of many, and are just to give a better idea on what may be expected from training with Coach Glen);
– Losing fat for lady (let’s call her “Jane”): Jane have tried losing weight on her own, but have never been able to succeed for the past 3 years. On top of that, she find it very difficult to sustain her workouts and diet as it makes her feel like everything are an incredible chore. Jane contacts Coach Glen, and at the beginning to have a chat over what she could be doing to reach her goals most effectively and the best way possible. She found out that there are a number of ways to do it. She could potentially take a diet plan from Glen and attempt to do everything on her own, hence saving money. But this may not help her with motivation, etc. She could also potentially take up a short term regular program with Coach Glen, by taking up a 8 sessions package. With this package, every session will be a comprehensive coaching for her on her workouts and diet to best reach her goals. During the first session, a fitness and physical assessment is done (measurement of bodyfat, weight, etc), followed by consultation (to get her to understand her overall diet and training program better), followed by a short physical workout (since this is the first session, all the important stuff are squeezed into 1 session, so the first physical workout is shorter for this first session, but subsequently every session will consists of much longer physical workout. Understanding her overall workout and diet at this stage is incredibly important, as this actually helps her to understand what she could be doing on her own as well, and this will eventually lead her to becoming self sufficient to workout and diet on her own sustainably and effectively). During the subsequent sessions, the physical workout typically lasts about 45 minutes, along with warm up and cool down (which are important), and assessment, counselling and consultation as well (all these are important, because Coach will need to know how the trainee is doing outside of PT sessions, as diet and mini self workouts on own all help contribute to trainee’s progress. Yes mini self workouts are prescribed to Jane as well if required, if Jane takes only one session per week due to her constraints, etc. The consultation also helps to continuously contribute to Jane’s learning of her overall training and diet, so she can eventually become self sufficient too). As the sessions go by, Jane sees progress in her fat loss which she have never experienced before on her own, and is glad that she have hired a professional to guide her. Because a professional is able to pinpoint what went wrong with her diet and workouts and correct her. Also Jane is glad that she have learned a lot on her overall training and diet and she feels a lot confident to workout and diet on her own!
– Improving ability to jump higher for basketball for a 20 year old guy (Let’s call him “Jason”): Jason reaches out to Coach Glen to coach him to jump higher. He have tried everything on his own and have hardly seen any progress, so he thought it will be good to hire someone with strength and conditioning knowledge and background to coach him. Jason have a chat with Coach Glen at the beginning, and have found that the stuff that Glen have said, are hard to believe. He is still skeptical of how the training will work for him. So Glen had to explain that all the training prescribed are science and evidence based, and urged Jason not to worry, and to perhaps look around further to see if there’s something he needs before committing to any program or training. Its most important to see credentials and profile will fit well between trainee and coach before doing any training program together, in order to see success.. it have to take 2 hands to clap. In order for Jason to be able to benefit from the training, he will have to be open to being coached by a professional.. (The thing that usually works is from trying something different, if you know you have failed doing the same things in the past). Finally, Jason have decided to give it a go, after some time, and proper chat and agreement for what are the honest expectations to have, just a single adhoc 1 or 2 sessions are given to Jason. During these sessions, Coach Glen puts his best effort to explain how the overall training works (like a consultation) which takes up majority of the session’s time. Some time is spent explaining on the proper executions of the prescribed exercises. Since it’s only 2 sessions, those 2 sessions are spent teaching Jason on how he can train everything on his own, in limited time, based on constraints. This helps provide most flexibility to Jason, save a ton of costs for him, and due to his diligence and open mindedness, he have managed to achieve his goal of jumping higher, after learning everything properly, following through his training program, and doing everything on his own.
These are just some examples to help you understand what you could expect – Keeping in mind, everyone have different goals.. So reach out to Coach Glen, have a chat, and see what are the options that are available to best suit your needs!
“Glen is a great coach in that he tries to understand your physical need and tailor the program to suit you instead of just 1 size fits all. What saw result under his coaching is that he does not compromise when one gets lazy and keep encouraging you to make it happen. I also appreciate the advise on dieting as well and not just focus on the physical training. That helped expedite the result. I always thought training is just enhance your cardio and tone up body. Through Glen I also learnt that with his training, you can also train yourself to ensure you can do daily activity with ease and not get injured easily.”
Personal Fitness Training: Yang Po, CEO of Aquaint Property, Singapore.
“I have been training with Glen since November 2012. Throughout this time, Glen has proven himself to be the most consistent, dedicated and passionate professional I have ever known.
Glen always structures our sessions meticulously and methodically. He is happy to explain any questions on fitness I might have and shows genuine interest in my physical fitness and wellbeing. Glen will push you to your physical limit without being aggressive or over-zealous. He is always encouraging and personally demonstrates all the exercises he requires. Glen is also skilled in many areas of fitness: endurance, strength, gym equipment, swimming, just to name a few. Glen is always adaptable and takes it upon himself to perfect his methods.
In the period I have trained with Glen, my fitness has noticeably improved. From an over-weight person who pants while walking, I have lost a significant amount of weight and could perform daily functions without physical exhaustion. I trust that with further training with Glen, I would only see greater results to come.
Glen does not only believe in physical exercise for shape and body itself, but would actively encourage and design his programme to assimilate into your lifestyle, and make fitness part of you. I could think of no one better than Glen to help you make a change in your lifestyle and fitness. I would strongly recommend him to everyone.”
Personal Fitness Training: Xiao Han, Law student, Singapore.
“Glen is a great personal trainer. He was very knowledgeable about the body, how to attain a very good level of fitness as well as providing insights and advice on looking after your health. He has a structured approach and takes time to listen to your goals and tailors his approach / your work plan accordingly. Working with Glen gave me the ability to go from doing zero gym / fitness work to competing in various competitions (Commando Challenge, Urbanathlon, Puma night run) in under a year. I was also able to add 10 kg in muscle mass. I have no hesitation in recommending Glen and wish you to enjoy the same results that I have!”
Personal Fitness Training: Raja, Citibank, UK.
“Empathetic coaches. Good scheduling. Thanks a lot for all those pleasant sessions, I made good improvements and got knowledge, I’ll keep working out :)”
Personal Fitness Training: Schneiber Gerald, Desigual, French expat.
“Veera: Glen, I already lost 7kg since the first time I met you, which is very good already! (2 months + ago)”
Personal Fitness Training: Kumar and Veera, India.
Officer worker with goal of improving fitness, learning how to swim and losing fat, while staying completely injury free. To train sustainably for life. Injury free realistic progression after sensible diet and training program. This is to show that training have to be sensibly gradual to avoid injuries (especially important for office workers), and that effective progression achievement is much more possible and better with professional guidance from a trainer, than training alone without professional assistance! Extra care for training is also taken, as client do not exercise or do sports for his entire life, prior to starting PT.. so gradual progression of exercises is a must, to avoid injuries and avoid sagging skin from too rapid weight loss. VERDICT: Goal of reach 85kg bodyweight and improving fitness – ACHIEVED within the time frame. Most don’t lose weight and improve their fitness and being able to do the above exercises properly, while staying injury-free. If you fall into this category, consider taking PT from a professional to guide you in dieting and exercising effectively and safely!
*Name and identity of this client kept private as per client’s request.
Contact Glen today to get started! And chat about your goals and training.